Sunday, February 25, 2018

No more avoiding coloring books - and is he cow-hocked or bow-legged?

While Remy enjoys his weekend goofing off with Chambord, copiously covered in mud, I am working my way through anatomy assignments. Even as I child, I never took to coloring books I'd rather read stories. So now all of a sudden I'm finding myself coloring - at last.

Actually "The Horse Anatomy Workbook" by Maggie Raynor is excellent, and the coloring definitely helps with the learning. At least I hope I'll find the Olecranon Tuberosity again!

After coloring I got to label Chambord. Luckily he was pretty amenable to have stickers placed all over him (there must have been a cookie or two or three in it for him..). Then it was time for the conformation analysis. That one I had to do in the privacy of my office. After all - I don't want to hurt his feelings by pointing out some of the flaws.

But on second thought, Chambord's self-confidence probably wouldn't take a hit if he knew his butt was not ideal!

No comments:

Post a Comment