Sunday, March 11, 2018

No high heels, no chance of getting bored - and limited "staging"

Yesterday I 'manned' (what's the female version of manning??) the Detroit Horse Power booth at the Michigan Horse Expo at MSU (Michigan State University). I had volunteered to do the afternoon to closing shift, but honestly was dreading it a bit. Images of Automotive Tech Shows from long ago came to mind, where I was either desperately trying not to look bored and/or secretly slipping the high heels off my aching feet. Well, this time was different: No high heels and no chance of getting bored.

Things went swimmingly and I had fun! Lots of very nice and interested people stopped by to talk, sign up for the mailing list, volunteering, donations. The time just flew by. I got to catch up with people I hadn't seen in ages. Bubbly Marian, whom I met eons ago, wanted to take a picture. She cracked me up because she insisted on "staging the set". Obviously, Marian can't deny that she lives and breathes real estate- she is a very successful agent- in addition to horses.

Well, the best "staging" I could do was holding up a T-shirt.




No comments:

Post a Comment