Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Watching and reading might just do the trick - and time for a brag book?

Observing Judy yesterday really helped with my ride today. I also taped her ride in order to review it. I am a visual learner, I need to see how it should look like, and then I can (hopefully) reproduce. And wouldn't you know it, channeling my "inner Jude" got us a nice clean change at the first try! Between reading (Kyra) and watching (Judy) I might just be getting on the right track after all.

The WSJ (Wall Street Journal) ran an article headlined "Women Try New Strategies to Boost Career Confidence". While I had few confidence issues in my professional career - after all I made it from Sales Administrator to VP of Sales and Marketing- I definitely have confidence issues with my riding. Especially when I look at the Equine Ferraris of this world it is pretty intimidating. I always remember the day when it hit me that one of the horses in the arena with us was 100 times (!) more expensive than Remy.

So perhaps a brag book is in order? At least that's what the career coaches and researchers cited in the WSJ article are recommending. Basically a brag book is a journal for saving notes about one's accomplishments, to aid recall of "rock star moments". Not sure about the "rock star moments" (wouldn't that include drugs???) - but today's flying change is definitely one for the books! And yes, I do have it already - not a brag book per se, but a notebook where I keep notes according to "Brain Training for Riders" by Andrea Monsarrat Waldo. Perhaps the WSJ should interview her?

I do enjoy reading the paper (gasp, an actual paper!) with my morning coffee, and this is how I get it delivered:

Special delivery of the WSJ by Ziggy

No comments:

Post a Comment