Thursday, January 9, 2020

Busy and positive week - and which shoulder will win?

Sunday's CPL class was a hit (no pun intended). The instructors were superb, knowledgeable and funny, and my fellow class mates were all very nice. It was intensive, and I learned a ton - and yes, I got to shoot 100 rounds and didn't do too shabby. Although Ed, the instructor, quipped that I'm only allowed to shoot one-handed as for some strange reason I was getting way closer to the bulls eye one handed. Shout out to Huron Valley Guns in New Hudson! I'll definitely continue once I'm back from my travels, and I see a S&W Shield .380 in my future.

Tuesday we were able to go on a lovely trail ride in the morning, and then I had a great time at TRI (Therapeutic Riding Inc.). One of the therapy horses, B Smiley, had been worrying Jan (director) and Jen (instructor). B Smiley responded so well to his session it was amazing to see the difference. His whole body changed once the restrictions and tension were addressed. He moved so much more freely, even over-tracking in the walk - which made three women very happy!

Before I hit the road home I checked my email and what I read made me even happier: The Morgan Dressage Association informed me that I received a scholarship for Remy's training!! How awesome!! I really hadn't had much hope, due to the lack of show record and the somewhat shaky videos. This will be put to good use in FL.

After all the fun Tuesday, Wednesday came and with that Remy brought me back to earth (figuratively, luckily not physically but only because I longed him first). He was one crabby dude. Not being in 'working mode' does not suit him, and our yo-yo weather takes care of the rest. We had a serious temperature drop between Tuesday and yesterday. As soon as we got into the arena Remy was bug-eyed, and displayed some serious bucks on the longe-line. Under saddle he spooked at things he's seen for the last months and never batted an eye: Flowers next to the jumps, a wall jump, etc. Really, dude?

So today I figured long-lining would be a good way to go - and wouldn't you know it, Remy was just perfect. Let's see which shoulder will win this weekend in the clinic with Laurie - the one with the little angel or the little devil??

JP just picked up a new load of beautiful hay - and this hits the nail on the head :-)



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the scholarship. I got one last year and was SO grateful for it!

    ReplyDelete