Saturday, February 1, 2020

Things are looking up - food, food, where's my food??

Remy seems to have turned the corner, his temp has been normal, his digestion is working, and most importantly, his ferocious appetite is baaaack.

I still feel like a druggist, though, as I'm mixing his meds morning and night, which means crushing the ulcer pills with a pestle and mortar,  mix the powder with apple sauce, put the concoction in very large syringe and squirt it into his mouth, hoping he'll swallow. Same procedure again for the antibiotics.  The Gastroguard is already in a syringe, but it still needs to be squirted into his mouth, too. Luckily, Remy has been a good sport about this, and I have only been spit on very lightly.

But I'm just so relieved that things are looking up. Dr. L. gave the thumbs up for my trip to Germany, he feels that Remy is recovering well and the "worried mother" can leave. Then it will be the next hurdle to overcome: Dealing with our worried Mutti, but we will be three to tackle the job: Michael, Remy (the two-legged one) and I. Divide and conquer is our motto. And I'll have my 'Schnucki Apartment' all to myself chez Titz. That is definitely a highlight!

"Some days are better, some days are worse.
 Look for the blessing instead of the curse. 
Be positive, stay strong, and get enough rest." 
                                                                                                           - Quotesdaily.net



Right now, I'm working on the "getting enough rest" part --

Our first excursion (before Remy got sick)
. On our left is Ariel on Dragon, on our right Sally on Boti

No comments:

Post a Comment