Tuesday, April 24, 2012

"Believe in your horse - so your horse can believe in you"

I came across this quote from Ray Hunt the other day. It really made me think about expectations. Jean-Paul is a great example for this. He always expects Chambord to do his best, he does not over analyze what might be or could potentially happen. Chambord reciprocates with being a great partner for JP because he feels secure.

On the other hand, I did not always believe in Saumur. We started out fine, but over time Saumur's issues cracked my confidence. Already more on the nervous and worrying side myself we sometimes fed each others worries. As JP rightfully points out, both Saumur and I are "constructing scenarios in our heads", always wondering and questioning.

It all starts with awareness. It's a good step to go in the right direction. Now Saumur and I are on a good path and we believe in each other.

This of course does not only apply to horse - human relationships. One has to believe in good things to happen to make it happen! Or as JP says "Crois en ton etoile".

No comments:

Post a Comment