Thursday, July 12, 2012

The honeymoon is over - pick up your socks!

Long day on Tuesday, we trailered Chambord and Remy to Sandy’s for lessons after work. It was well worth the effort, though, as JP had a great lesson on Chambord, and I got the (needed and deserved) strong nudge to move along.

As with the previous lessons, Sandy still had to point out that I am not asking enough precision of Remy, meaning he needs to respond right away, and not just "maybe". So she came up with more images to help me. One was that as we were trotting along she called out “There is a big sink hole right in front of you – halt!”.  The other one was “There is  branch about to fall off behind you – trot on!” That really helped with getting quicker responses. From there we could refine it to smoother transitions.

 So, yes, buddy, I guess the honeymoon is over… you need to listen and do what I say! (hmm, just don’t ask me how well this is working with my human partner…;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment