Friday, July 20, 2012

Taking the horse to the saddle - and appearance versus comfort

Bob Tarr, the awesome photographer, took some great shots of Remy at Waterloo. I was so excited when I received two photos per email (the ordered prints will take more time). Junior sure looks good! I, OTOH, briefly contemplated if the cooling vest makes me look 'fat' :-). Well, it does soak in water, and expands... JP's comment on this was a quick and to the point French version of "You are nuts!". Anyway,  I opt for being cool in scorching temps, and as long as I am not looking like the Michelin Man I am fine.

Tonight we'll have a road trip to try more saddles for Remy. Usually, Luanne would have come to our place, but after the heavy rains the outdoor arena is too mushy. With the draught we are having I don't want to complain about rain, however, our dirt roads are so slippery now that I have to put the traction control on to avoid sliding around in the mud with my car.

It will be fun to see how Remy reacts to being in a new indoor arena. I took Saumur there before for a freestyle clinic and he did not handle it well. Knowing Remy it won't be a problem. The problem will be making a decision! The two saddles to try are not what I am looking for, but they have the panels Luanne think will work for Remy. If Remy likes the panels, and I don't like the saddle we'll have to have one build. Actually, price wise it will be the same, but it will take ten weeks. What do they say, good things take time -- too bad that I WANT IT and I WANT IT NOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment