Monday, January 6, 2014

"Chop, chop, Honey" - and "I've got a buyer - what now?"

Saturday was 'warm' enough (in the low 20s F) to ride. Remy has been rather frisky at the longeline lately, the extreme cold is not helping him expend enough energy.

He clearly felt the need to try and flex his five-year old muscles with me. At one point we stopped next to Judy to listen to her instructions. When I asked Remy to move off again the little rascal kicked out with his hind leg, as if to say: "No, thanks, I'm good standing here, don't bug me!" "Excuse me?!" Judy told him "Chop, chop, honey, let's get moving", but it needed to be reinforced by me picking up my jumping bat. As before, just carrying it was enough for Remy to get back to his "yes, ma'am".  Once I had his attention I put the crop down to see if we could keep the good attitude. Uh, not so much, Remy again was compelled to question my authority. Luckily he figured out quickly that he is up against a stubborn German; and we finished on a good note. Remy sure subscribes to the motto "Can't blame a guy for trying".

Since then, no more riding, we are in the midst of a snow storm with extreme cold temps. JP spend about 5 hours on the tractor today, trying to get us plowed out. At temps the weather channel calls "Feel like -22F". And after all that - nowhere to go! Our roads still have not seen a snow plow.

I have used the 'indoor-time' to place an ad for JPs trail-saddle. Admittedly, selling on the internet is a first for me, and I'm a bit weary of the pitfalls. Luckily some of my friends have been helping out with tips, and recommending PayPal. Still, I'm not too comfortable with the potential buyer and the transaction. Better figure it out soon, though, as it seems it's the only way to go.

I'd rather do it the old-fashioned way: "Meet you at McD's - I bring the goods, you bring the cash!" - with JP as my bodyguard near by. Although, JPs (protection) services would certainly cost me more than a Happy Meal :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment