Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Back to school - and "it was my AMERICAN horse"

Back to school for Remy this week, JP took him back to ‘Aunt Jude’s’ on Monday. He’ll have private tuition Monday through Friday, and then he comes home for the weekend. During the school week he has a set of friends to play with at Topline, and then on the weekends he can hang out with his best buds at home. It’s an excellent program, the only glitch in it is that it leaves me out.

Five more weeks… but again, I am so very fortunate in having Judy working with Remy while I’m “out of commission”. The plan is that I audit her training sessions as much as possible; and then when I have the medical all clear I’m thinking of starting with Saumur and even Chambord to get my ‘riding legs’ functioning again. Chambord might be a bit tricky, he is clearly a One-Man-Horse; he adores JP. The two of them have their program, anything else and Chambord is not afraid to flip the hoof.

Today was the big day, Interview and Test for Citizenship in downtown Detroit. I heaved myself through security, cane and all, with JP being my driver and “designated purse carrier” (I owe him for that one).  All went well, the officer in charge of my case was very nice – and he turned out to be a fellow horse lover. When asked about my leg I pointed out that my *American* horse caused it – and despite that I still wanted to become a citizen! What other proof of commitment is needed?! J

Luckily I had the answers to the civics questions down pat, and with all T’s crossed and I’s dotted I received confirmation that indeed I am ‘citizen-material’ and therefore was invited to attend the Naturalization Oath Ceremony this Thursday.

After the ceremony I will officially be an American. It’s a bit of an irony that right that very day the German and US soccer teams will square off to get to the next round in the World Cup. Whatever the outcome of the game: My team will win J!

No comments:

Post a Comment