Tuesday, March 5, 2019

A day in our Florida life - Beach, what beach??

Several people have asked how I am spending my days in Florida. With just one horse to take care off it seems I should have plenty of time for lounging at the beach.

First of all, driving takes up quite a bit of time. It's about 20 min. to the barn one way, and the tack store, grocery stores, etc. are of course in the opposite direction another 20 min. or so.

Well... here it goes:

5:45 a.m.
Wake up, quick breakfast chat in the kitchen with Paulette, off to the barn
7:00 a.m.
Feed and water the hungry boy, dress and turn out Boti, then clean stall and paddock
9:00 a.m.
Lesson
10:30 a.m.
Shower Remy, turn him out in the larger paddock with the nice rolling spot
(He says "A hardworking guy needs a roll in the sand")
Clean saddle, girth, bridle, boots, etc.
Noon:
Lunch hay for Remy, check water, pick manure
Muesli and Yoghurt for me

1:30 p.m. to about 4:00 p.m.
Bodywork on horses, errands, laundry, write blog (!), etc. (Today I had to get a tire on my car fixed)
4:30 p.m.
Back to the barn
5:00 p.m.
Handwalk Remy about 3 - 4 miles (There are miles of paved roads that are hardly used,                      and as he works on soft surfaces it's important to use different grounds. Walking on hard ground strengthens tendons)
Spell of turnout in the larger pasture (Remy doesn't want to stay there long, it's too lonely for him)
6:30 p.m.
Dinner for Remy, check water, pick up manure in stall and pasture
7:30 p.m.
Shower
Dinner for me. If I'm lucky I'm invited to a homecooked meal (thanks for Sunday, Vivian!), otherwise it's salad from Panera or Whole Foods. Some nights there are educational programs, or dinner at a restaurant (tonight Sally, Roz and I are going to a seafood place, yay!)
Fall into bed

Beach, what beach??
               

No comments:

Post a Comment