Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Winding down - and getting ready

Today was our last 'full working' lesson. Roz got on Remy first to check on our work, she can feel right away what I've been doing - right or wrong. Mostly right so far, whew!

Remy felt good today, he wasn't on high alert even though the arena next to us was busy. He stuck to the program, and I could feel his withers up and his back swinging. The best was the very collected canter and collected trot we were able to achieve. It gave me glimpses of things to come, like canter pirouettes and 1/2 steps.

Now it's time to wind down, tomorrow Remy has an early pedicure appointment, then it's Lunch and Learn for me "Feeding for Immunity, Performance, and Behavior" (I can hear JP say: "You should apply that to your food, not just for Remy!"), followed by a Long Lining lesson for both of us. Friday Remy will either have off or a short hack, and in the evening I will go to the last "Freestyle Under The Stars" of the season.

And then Saturday is shipping day... which also means packing - for both of us! At least I got a head start today, not with packing, but with deep cleaning my other trusty steed - my GTI. I'll do most of the packing and room (mine) cleaning Friday, Remy's room will be cleaned last as I have to completely strip it.

Life has gone on without me at home in Michigan - how shocking :-) JP told me he had another great ride with Chambord today, and everyone is well. I had to laugh because JP told Lisa (our jumping instructor) that he needed to skip his lesson on Saturday in order to clean the house and get the girlfriends out before I come home. Luckily Lisa has a great sense of humor, and she didn't believe the girlfriend part - and I sure hope JP was only kidding!.


I'll miss seeing this impressive guy every day


No comments:

Post a Comment