Sunday, March 22, 2020

Wondering about the trip home - and making the best of it

With daily changes in shutdowns and the overall uncertainty our trip North is turning into a bit of a nail biting experience. Will there be an Interstate travel ban? So far, the updates from the horse shipping companies are encouraging, and Jan is working on pulling our date ahead a few days. That leaves me to fend for myself on the lonely journey home. Will gas stations, rest areas, hotels, be open? What if I get stuck in GA, TN, or KY?  Flat tire? Time to practice my Yoga breathing. Om one*, Om two... Namaste! OK, should have paid more attention when I did go to practice...

Om

Om
Om is a sacred sound and a spiritual symbol in Indian religions. In Hinduism, it signifies the essence of the ultimate reality, consciousness or Atman. More broadly, it is a syllable that is chanted either independently or before a spiritual recitation in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism. The meaning and connotations of Om vary between the diverse schools within and across the various traditions. It is part of the iconography found in ancient and medieval era manuscripts, temples, monasteries and spiritual retreats in Hinduism, Buddhism, and Jainism
Riding and training continue, and that is a life line. I just heard from a friend that the place where her horses are stabled will not allow boarders and trainers to come for at least two weeks. It is a small family barn and IMHO could have established a schedule to people avoid each other, but then, precaution is the mother of health (or something to that extend). I'm sure happy that Randy doesn't have that policy.

Remy has been working really well, overall he developed more thoroughness and suspension. The canter both leads (especially on the more difficult R) feels wonderful, and I can picture tempis. (Dream big!)

The beaches are closed, which is a bummer as I loved my walks. Luckily Wellington has beautiful Nature Preserves and I enjoyed my hike in the Environmental Preserve yesterday.

Definitely a highlight today were the beautiful pictures Joanna Jodko (www.jjodkophoto.com) took. Hard to chose from the gallery if there are so many cool ones. Joanna was right, Remy is a Natural. Me, OTOH, not so much. Definitely only one of us would make it as a model!

While everyone else seems to be 'hamstering', my provisions are pretty scarce. Admittedly, that is due to the very limited space I have to store things. I don't want to sleep in the pantry (that's what my room would be if I'd store more).

And yes, I also have TP (hidden, don't want to be burglarized ;-))

No comments:

Post a Comment