Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Home, sweet home - and it feels like a clandestine operation

Home, sweet home!! I'm got back yesterday afternoon, after a tough night in Kentucky, where I discovered that cottage cheese and Kentucky Bourbon Ale are NOT going well together. Yuk! Luckily I felt better in the morning, and I made the final leg of the trip in almost record time. There was heavy traffic around Lexington, it looked like all the grooms hustling to work, but then the roads emptied again. 

It was a bit depressing knowing that this year we wont go to the Kentucky 3Day Event, we won't see the foals frolicking in the lush pastures. The further North I drove the colder and drearier it got. I started using the heated seats in Kentucky, and by the time I reached Michigan I looked at a 50F difference in temperatures from Florida. Nevertheless: HOME! Ziggy and JP gave me the appropriate welcome :-)

I took Ziggy on a hike through the woods today and we saw lots of deer and also discovered a painted stone. Some of the riders and hikers are leaving painted stones for others to find. This one was inscribed with "Respect" which I loved. I left it there for the next person to find and smile.
"Hi guys, whassup?"


Respect is name of the game
Roz had asked me to deliver Dunkirk's supplements to the new jumping trainer. I thought, no big deal. Well, apparently I was wrong. First the trainer didn't respond to my text, and then when I called she was very reluctant and questioned if Dunkirk really needed the supplements. After some cajoling she agreed that I could drop off the container and the SmartPak box outside, on lawn furniture, avoiding all human contact. 

It almost felt like I was in a James Bond movie. Too bad it wasn't one - I would have loved to be a "Bond Girl"! (Daniel Craig comes to mind *grin*). But in reality I guess the role of "M" would be more appropriate...


No comments:

Post a Comment