Saturday, May 14, 2011

The challenges of maintaining two house(barn)holds - where is my stuff??

So much for the best laid plans and careful packing...

Despite the stormy weather we were all set to go on a trailride - until I realized that all three girths were at Sandy's. Not in the mood for a two hour round trip to fetch the girths I decided the boys could use longing sessions in our outdoor arena. Luckily we have excellent footing, despite the downpours there were no puddles. Separating the boys for work was a different story though - I think Saumur's screams could be heard in the next county. Chambord, OTOH, was only quietly calling, what Jake calls "sounding like a girl". (Sorry, JP, not exactly fitting for "Macho Man".)

To keep their minds busy I put down ground poles and cavaletti. Chambord had great fun with it and did all the excercises beautifully. Saumur clearly thought that this was not part of his program. He went through great pains avoiding the scary objects on the ground.

I sent Sandy an email about the girths and she suggested that "there is always bareback". Riding Saumur bareback on the trails, with storms looming? I wonder if she needs my spot at the George clinic?? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment