Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Juggling the schedule

Persistence pays – I finally scored an appointment with Dr. Weaver (the equine chiropractor). Not an easy feat as he is on the other side of the State plus heavily booked with travel. But when it comes to my horses’ well-being I am nothing but DETERMINED.

We pick up the boys tomorrow night, Dr. Weaver comes Thursday afternoon. So, now we are scrambling to get the barn ready tonight (it was empty since last December), check the fences, check the trailer, move meetings, and cross our fingers that we don’t get ditched at the last minute! Hopefully, he will be able to help Chambord. Saumur is due for a ‘tune-up’, so we can do that at the same time.


Not only Southview Farm is in a ‘pre-George-clinic heightened state of activity’ – so am I. I am trying to figure out how to keep Saumur clean, and myself organized. I pulled out my new Petrie boots, still not broken in (my skin broke first). Now I am determined to break the boots in around the house – sounding like a pirate with the wooden leg. Won’t get much housework done, that’s for sure (I knew there had to be something good in it). Not going to sleep in them, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment