Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A different way to consider horse equipment - Is leather OK?


This not exactly directly riding related but it totally made my day:

Two of our program mangers just came back from a business trip to Mexico. One of them shyly told me they bought me a gift in Mexico but now have second thoughts about it --

Well, as it turns out, the gift is a whip. But that’s not why they had second thoughts… it’s because I am a vegetarian. They wondered if I would take anything made out of leather. Hmm, I’m wearing leather shoes, riding in a leather saddle – and I’m not going to eat it: So I guess it’s fine!

This whole exchange just gave me many more laugh lines! First the humor in it, but I really was touched by the thought process. Just in case, though, I might keep the whip in my office.

No comments:

Post a Comment