Monday, January 21, 2013

What - the boys have no underclothes?? Polarfleece or Naughty Nighties?

With temps dropping into the single digits Judy was asking me “Do the boys have underwear?”, in a voice that implied they better had drawers full. Uh, actually, no, they usually “go commando”. I immediately felt bad, in my minimalist mindset regarding horse clothes I hadn’t considered underwear for the boys.

At home a winter blanket does the trick. They can get out of the wind and in the run-in shed, whereas their paddock at Judy’s doesn’t have shelter. So, quick scrambling – what kind of underwear do they need?? We barely made it through the blanket and sheet decisions, now this! The catalogs are not helping, even offering ‘Naughty Nighties’ for horses. I mean, what do horses do with a ‘naughty’ outfit, show it off to their friends??

In a pinch, I threw polar fleece sheets underneath their winter blankets – which means that now we are short on coolers. Argh! At least I don’t have to shop in Europe for their underwear (as I do for mine). We’ll skip the ‘Naughty Nighties’ for them, though: More polar fleece undies for the boys, less Chantelle and La Perla for me… one has to have priorities!

No comments:

Post a Comment