Sunday, March 20, 2016

MSU Day 4 - Perkier but not digging the hay

Morning call was encouraging: Saumur is doing well, they stopped the antibiotics and he is getting a bit more hay. He still has the IV in and continues to wear his ice boots.



I headed to MSU and the tech admitting me asked if Saumur usually is a bit feisty. Hmm, yes, he is. We both decided that's a good sign, then. I spend an hour grooming him and just hanging out. It was nice to see that he had manure in his stall, but worrisome that there was hay left. I tried to offer it to him but Saumur wanted none of it. It's perfectly fine grass hay, of course, doesn't look any different than his hay at home.


Patients get special treatment - so I will be dragging a bale of hay from home to the clinic tomorrow. Whatever the boy wants, the boy gets! (At least for now).






No comments:

Post a Comment